A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth – covering the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and/or to improve its appearance. The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
Our Team is led by Dr. Inayathullah Ibrahim BDS (SL) MSc (UK). Dr Ibrahim is a specilaist in Dental Implants. He completed his Msc at Warwick University in the United Kingdom and has worked for a well Renowned Dental Clinic in Harley Street London before opening The Dental & Implant Center in Colombo.